The universe works in mysterious ways. This morning my husband and I squabbled and he told me I have been speaking and thinking negativly. So I paused. I was feeling negative and irritated that he told me so. I was also irritated at my 3 yr old. Being the introspective introvert I am, I spent the next hour thinking about this squabble and my attitude and darn it! I have a real case of the Negative Nelly’s so I worked on reframing my morning thoughts and it goes something like this:
Rather than, “my dog S!#% on the floor this morning. She is the worst dog. WTF!?”, I am reframing it as: My dog left me chocolate kisses on the floor this morning because I missed her signal that she needed to go back out again.
Rather than, dear three year old “didn’t you hear me the first three times”?, I am reframing it as: When you listen to mommy its very helpful.
You get the picture. Fake it till you make right?
Well clearly I am on the right path because the universe connected me with Mummy’s Muddy Monsters and she nominated my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which I think is actually pretty awesome! The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. Thank you Mummy’s Muddy Monsters! She is a fellow nature loving mom with two little girls (like me!). She has a wonderful blog with really great photography! Her photos of her family are just magnificent, you should take a look. I should also send some gratitude to the universe and her infinite wisdom because this award is a great reminder that positivity far out weighs the Negative Nelly in my head.
Questions I am to answer~
1. You have a free day all to yourself, how would you spend it? I would get up and go for a nice long early morning walk or hike followed by a hot cup of coffee and an activity I have been hoping to get to (maybe checking out a book store, or working on a project – usually involving organizing photos and such), and finish the day outside in the sunshine with a good book. That is my kind of day!
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world and money was no object where would you go? Oh geez. I am torn. I really want to visit New Zealand and tour Italy but with money as no object…maybe Japan!
3. Do you prefer cosy nights in or crazy nights out? In!
4. What is your favourite time of year? The middle of summer. The stormy days of June have passed and autumn is many weeks away.
5. Who is your favourite blogger at the moment? I am really enjoying reading posts from montanamoneyadventures
6. What is the last book you read?Up. A mother and daughter’s peak bagging adventure
7. What could you not live without? (Other than the basics like food, water and air etc) Some form of tissues, I always have a runny nose.
8. Do you prefer country living or the big city? Country “light”. Nothing too rural.
9. What TV show are you hooked on right now? My husband and I are watching the entire series of Seinfeld.
10. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be? pass…I would much rather be able to meet my great grandmother who passed away when I was 1 and she was 101!
11. If you could give any advice to your younger self, what would it be? Everything you believe is a lie and everything you thought you never wanted is what will bring you the most joy.
My nominees are~
- Creativity: Cooking With Kids
2. Inspiration: The Funky Thrifter
3. For being Positive: This Beautiful Life
4. More Inspiration and following your dreams: Coffee With Kate
5. For Positive vibes: Walking My Path
6. Inspiration: A Muddy Life
7. Inspiration and Positivity: Always More To Learn
8. Creativity and Beauty: Camellia’s Cottage
9. Creativity: Cathryn’s Kitchen
10. Positivity: Weave the future magical
11. Creativity: Chicken Librarian
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are~
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog.
If you chose to accept this award, and I hope you do; please answer the following questions and pass it on! 🙂
My questions for my nominees~
- You have a free day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world and money was no object where would you go?
3. Do you prefer cosy nights in or crazy nights out?
4. What is your favorite time of year?
5. Who is your favorite blogger at the moment?
6. What is the last book you read?
7. What could you not live without? (Other than the basics like food, water and air etc)
8. What inspires you?
9. What TV show are you hooked on right now?
10. If you could meet anyone from the past who would it be?
11. If you could give any advice to your younger self, what would it be?
♥ Mrs. Mother Dirt