What is the Liebster Award you ask?
The Liebster is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011.
I want to first thank, Cait from Prayers Over the Kitchen Sink for nominating my blog for this award. I started blogging as Mrs. Mother Dirt back in July of 2016. I had a good run with my blog until I converted it from it’s original hosted platform (BlueHost) over to a free WordPress site. To say the least, I ran into trouble. While I ended up having to pay to keep my domain name anyway I lost
many, many hours a lot of my blog content, and my initial first 100 followers in the process. It was frustrating and dishearteneing. I had to essentially start over again and this really sent the wind out of my blogging sails.
I held onto my site through 2017 but my outlet and passion for writing was fading away until I made the decision to view this ‘loss’ as an opportunity instead. Writing provides a medium where I can ‘talk out loud’, sort through my thoughts, and get to heart of what I am thinking or feeling. I decided it was now or never and started writing again, posting several times a week. It feels good to catch up with blogs I love and to discover new ones in the process.
Creating fellowship and community is why the Liebster Award is so meaningful. Thank you Cait for helping put the wind back in my sails! If you haven’t discovered her yet, now is a good time to check out her blog. Cait writes about life, motherhood and her faith. Her writing is both personal and relatable, helping the reader connect in a meaningful way. Her style makes the blog a great read overall.
Okay, let’s get started….
Ten Facts About Me~
- I grew up in a tiny house in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. It was a rustic 20×20 foot cabin with a 10×10 foot sleeping loft and no indoor plumbing. We were on a dirt road with only one other home about 1-2 miles away.
- I love nature but I don’t like camping. (I already lived that life, see #1)
- I was the first person in my immediate family (parents and sibling) to get a college degree and I hold a Masters in Psychology.
- I had difficulty learning how to read as a child and needed extra help until third grade. Once I got the hang of reading, I never stopped!
- I work as a research analyst (I love information! Data, spreadsheets, surveys, research) #NERD
- I had my first child at age 36.
- I read (almost exclusively) Non-fiction
- I have been published in an academic journal
- I spent my 20’s traveling, working 2 and 3 jobs at a time and trying to figure out who I wanted to be/become. In hindsight I was also trying to escape my dysfunctional upbringing.
- I am a work in progress always trying to learn more, live more simply, grow spiritually, and develop into the best human I can be.
Q & A~
What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want share with others? This is actually from a fortune cookie I got once, “It’s already tomorrow in Australia” – meaning, don’t ‘catastrophize’. Don’t panic, it’s all ok. The world did not end and as proof the world did not end, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.
Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why? My husband. He is my other half and has characteristics and strengths that I lack. I admire his ability to see the truth.
How do you de-stress? In bed with cozy blankets and a good book to read or journal to write in.
How would you describe your personal clothing style? I am modest and love classic cuts and quality clothes I can keep for a long time. I also wear scarfs, flats and layers giving me an etherial vibe so maybe it would be called, ‘Indie Chic’ or ‘Classic Crunch’.
What is on your bedside table right now? Books
What is your favorite on-the-go snack? KIND Bars
Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain. I am absolutely introverted. I am an INFJ.
Describe a fun date you’ve been on! ha! I have been with my husband for 9 years. A fun date (pre-children) was driving to Manhattan to see Selected Shorts hosted by RadioLab. It was the perfect date for us. This is the actual episode we were at! I was star struck when I saw Jane Curtain walk through the lobby. Pretty cool stuff.
If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why? John Lennon. I would ask him his philosophy on life and why on earth he cheated on Yoko.
Tell us about an item on your bucket list! To travel Italy and visit the town my husband’s family is from. The family still owns a farm in Vico.
What do you like most about blogging? Blogging is a shared experience, is what I like the most about it. I love learning and reading other blogs. Drawing from personal stories is powerful and inspiring.
- Jennifer over at What Motherhood Has Taught Me. This blog brings motherhood into real life with humor and reality.
- Shelia at Vineyard Valley Life – Italian Slow Living. Shelia is good story teller and I enjoy her bits of wisdom and unique life experience
- Anna of Repeat After Me. Anna not only blogs, she is a teacher, mother, photographer, and has an honest writer’s voice.
- Amy at Adventures of a Mom with a Wife. This blog reminds me that families are varied and motherhood is a journey; we are better when we share our strengths and stories.
- Last but certainly not least, Kate of Coffee With Kate. Homemaker, mother, blogger, vlogger, and all around inspiring person. I have watched Kate’s blog change, morph, and continue to grow.
If you decide to accept the award….
11 Questions I would like you to answer~
- What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want share with others?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
- How do you de-stress?
- How would you describe your personal clothing style?
- What is on your bedside table right now?
- What is your favorite on-the-go snack?
- Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain.
- Describe a fun date you’ve been on!
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why?
- Tell us about an item on your bucket list!
- What do you like most about blogging?
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional in 2018)
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
To accept the nomination answer my questions, tag me and notify me of your post by commenting below! I can’t wait to read your answers! Remember to nominate other bloggers so we can all continue discovering new blogs, building relationships, and supporting one another!
❤ Mrs. Mother Dirt